State Election Commissioners Certify Candidates on November 8 Ballot
Jackson, Miss.—The State Board of Election Commissioners met today to certify candidates on the November 8, 2016 General Election Ballot. Statutory members of the State Board include Governor Phil Bryant, Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, and Attorney General Jim Hood.
Certified U.S. presidential candidates include:
· Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party;
· Donald J. Trump, Republican Party;
· Darrell Castle, Constitution Party;
· Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente, American Delta Party;
· Jim Hedges, Prohibition Party;
· Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party; and
· Jill Stein, Green Party.
All of the certified U.S. presidential candidates filed a Certificate of Nomination and a List of Presidential Electors with the Secretary of State’s Office, as well as a $2,500 qualifying fee.
To view a list of other certified candidates, including candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives and non-partisan judicial candidates, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
Posted September 14, 2016 - 5:02 pm