Today, Governor Tate Reeves released his Executive Budget Recommendation for fiscal year 2021 for the state of Mississippi.
Committed to delivering on promises made during his campaign and his first State of the State Address, Governor Reeves’ balanced budget recommendation highlights key investment areas such as a teacher pay raise, increasing the number of National Board Certified teachers, and investing in workforce development and rural healthcare.
“Standing before my fellow Mississippians, I promised that this would be an administration for all Mississippi. I am a man of my word. I am committed to honoring that promise, and this balanced budget recommendation is the first step,” said Governor Tate Reeves.
The budget specifically sets out to fund the following priorities:
- Increase teacher pay by $1,500 in our first year with an eye towards further future raises.
- Double the teacher supply fund.
- Increase the supplement for teachers to earn and maintain their National Board Certification.
- Fund bonuses for teachers who locate in underserved areas.
- Achieve a history-making increase in our investment in workforce development.
- Increase our investment in rural health care.
You can read the full FY21 Executive Budget Recommendation here.
Release from the Office of Governor Tate Reeves.