Barack Obama Backtracks and Scrubs His Website Of Surge Criticisms

As the video above will show, Barack Obama stated in unequivocal terms on January 14, 2007, “We can send 15,000 more troops, 20,000 more troops, 30,000 more troops: I don’t know any expert on the region or any military officer that I’ve spoken to privately that believes that that is going to make a substantial difference on the situation on the ground.

There were some changes to Barack Obama’s official website over the weekend, where his long standing criticisms of the troop surge have been removed and his claim that the surge would produce no progress has disappeared.

That video above also shows that in May of 2008, one year and 3 months after the surge, when results started becoming apparent to the point where military commanders were beginning to refer to the gains as “irreversible”, David Axelrod, who is a top adviser to Barack Obama, claims that Obama never said that the surge would not make a difference on the ground in Iraq.

That was not the only time Obama made statements like that.

On January 10, 2007, on MSNBC, Obama stated, “I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse.

Those statements were repeated multiple times, even after General Petraeus testified and showed the surged was working as it was intended to work.

With violence down 90 percent in the last year, there is no doubt that the surge accomplished even more than the proponents of the surge had anticipated in just a year.

Politically, the Iraqi’s have received satisfactory grades on 15 out of the 18 benchmarks set for them.

This last weekend, Barack Obama’s official website was “purged” of his longstanding criticisms of the troop surge and replaced with other wording, to which his campaign, via an Obama aide, Wendy Morigi, says is normal activity to update the site as events and situations change.

Wake Up America
7/16/8