Will the non-BCS have a Heisman contender? Will it have a first-round NFL draft pick? Will Temple improve on its 4-8 season? I have all your answers here in my fearless predictions for the non-BCS/Independent season.
1. SMU and Temple will have the same amount of wins this season.
2. Tulsa and BYU will each finish with one loss.
3. Boise State will lose on the blue field this year for the first time since 2001.
4. Notre Dame will lose three games this year.
5. Houston will beat Oklahoma State on Sept. 6
6. One non-BCS player will be in the Heisman talk at the end of the year.
7. Navy will win the Commander-in-Chief Trophy — again.
8. Chase Holbrook (New Mexico State), Max Hall (BYU), Nate Davis (Ball State), and whomever plays QB at Tulsa will all pass for more than 4,000 yards this season.
9. Idaho will go winless this season (let the e-mail fly, Vandals fans).
10. East Carolina will beat a team from Virginia this season.