SUNDAY FLASHBACK: “[Mississippi Rep. Gene] Taylor told The Hill that he’d like to see Skelton, a Missouri Democrat and chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, succeed Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) if Democrats retain a slimmer hold on the House after the November elections…‘What I would want is a Democratic nominee for Speaker that is much more in tune with what I believe,’ he said.” (Russell Berman, “Conservative Democrat Wants Skelton Over Pelosi as Party’s Next Speaker,” The Hill, 9/26/10)
‘MORE IN TUNE’ WITH WHAT TAYLOR BELIEVES?
Taylor’s politically opportunistic choice for Speaker of the House…
• Votes with Nancy Pelosi 94.7 percent of the time.
• Supported President Obama’s failed stimulus spending bill (House Roll Call 70).
• Supported the reckless $3.4 trillion Obama-Pelosi budget (House Roll Call 192).
• Supported the Obama-Pelosi National Energy Tax that could cost Mississippi nearly 11,000 jobs (House Roll Call 477).
• Voted for a permanent extension of the job-killing Death Tax (House Roll Call 929).
• Voted for the government bailout of Wall Street (House Roll Call 681).
• Voted to increase the federal debt limit by $2 trillion to a whopping $14 trillion (House Roll Call 46).