SENATOR BRICE WIGGINS QUALIFIES for RE-ELECTION and ANNOUNCES 2015 LEGISLATIVE AGENDA
Pascagoula, MS.- With the 2015 Mississippi election cycle and Legislative Session beginning on January 6th, State Senator Brice Wiggins (R-District 52) has submitted his qualifying papers to the Mississippi Republican Party to officially kick off his campaign for re-election. “I would be honored to have the chance to continue serving the honest, hardworking people of this district. Through the implementation of conservative principles, sweeping reforms to add accountability to state government, and a commitment to improving our education system so that we can be a leader in economic development, I believe our state is moving on the right path with increasing momentum,” Wiggins stated.
In his first term in office, Senator Wiggins has successfully passed legislation to:
– Restore fiscal responsibility and oversight to DMR
– Implement an early education system
– Increase economic development along the ports
– Reduce taxes on families
– Improve the our criminal justice system
– Strengthen the punishment for violent criminals, especially those who commit child and domestic abuse
Through his first term efforts he was recognized with the following awards:
-?Representative Bud Cramer Award, National Children’s Alliance for 2012
-?Champion of Children, Children’s Justice Center of Mississippi for 2013?
-?Legislator of the Year, Mississippi Law Enforcement Association for 2013?
-?Outstanding Leadership and Contributions as an Advocate for Victims’
?Rights 19th Judicial District D.A. Office for 2014
Heading into the 2015 legislative session, Senator Wiggins is working on legislation that will address the following areas:
– Reform no-bid contract laws
– Remove the exemption of community hospitals from the Open Meetings Act and Public Records Act
– Improve the rights and protections for witnesses, especially children
– Strengthen sexual battery statutes
– Create education tuition tax credits for parents who are paying to send their children to high quality child care learning centers
“As a husband, father, and prosecutor, I have been and will always be committed to fighting political corruption, protecting the victims of crime, and working on common sense, conservative approaches to improving our economy and way of life,” Wiggins concluded.?????